FreeBSD5.0 RELEASE-p7 & NVidia

Artur Bać arturbac at o2.pl
Mon May 5 15:59:32 EDT 2003

I did final tests i\on this platform with nvidias drivers
Results

After fresh install of FreeBSD 5.0 and updating it to p7 via cvsup
(I didnt upgrade XFree from 4.2 to 4.3 dont want to risk new troubles)

The nvidia driver works but a little
about 10 -30s then my computer hangs
It also fails to load GLX :(

Testing AAO on this crap does'nt have any sense i think.

btw thise drivers are made with for 4.7 (now 4.8) release wich is much
different and mostly not compatibile on kernel side with 5.0
So it is pretty normal that this does'nt work
I got 4.8 STABLE on my server but i can't risk of hurting the os there to test
nvidias with AAO.

--
[Majestic]Szwagier
PHP Linux Army Operations Manager