[armyops] 1.7.0 audio...

Peake Brian K FCCS ATRC PeakeBK at ATRC.NAVY.MIL
Tue May 6 08:57:26 EDT 2003

Sound is great here. I am running a SBlive 5.1 w/ creative 5.1 speakers. I
hear my crickets, I can tell were sound is coming from, its loud close,
softer far away etc....

Now I am not using KDE or kmix, I am using gnome2.2 with Slackware9.0. I
also have setup emu-tools for my soundblaster. My sound is far from
wretched. In fact it is pretty damn good.

Brian/JollyRogers

-----Original Message-----
From: Artur Bac [mailto:arturbac at o2.pl]

I didnt tell that there are problems...
I tell only in comparision to windows client sound on linux is poor quality
It just poor ...
I think pitch is to high at least...
Game dont respects system settings of audio ex. KMix from kde

People go to computer with windows with SBLive 5.1 hear that clear and 3d
sound

It is just wretched....
Everything else on my linux , FreeBSD , Windows sounds good even UT2003 on
linux....
--
[Majestic]Szwagier
PHP Linux Army Operations Manager