[armyops] linux help (XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD)

david mattatall davidsmind at linuxbasics.com
Sat Jul 19 16:49:32 EDT 2003

On July 19, 2003 12:23 am, Obscure Daemon wrote:
> ArmyOps starts but fails out
>
> ./armyops > err.log 2>&1
>
> gives me:
>
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable failed
>
> I've checked the library libGL.so.2.1 with "strings libGL.so.1.2 | grep -i
> DRI"
> and it shows DRI functions like:
> XF86DRIQueryExtension
> XF86DRIQueryVersion
> XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable
> XF86DRIOpenConnection
> XF86DRIAuthConnection
> XF86DRICloseConnection
> XF86DRIGetClientDriverName
>
> I also did "strace armyops | grep libGL" and verified that armyops was
> opening the library file above.
>
> I should also mention that I'm using the stock radeon driver that came with
> redhat9
> and when I start X I get a warning:
>
> (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
> found
>
> lspci shows me:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R300 NE
> [Radeon 9700]
> 01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4e65
>
> I tried the fglrx driver for radeon but it fails because I cant get agpgart
> to load.
> "insmod agpgart" says no such device.
>
> arrrg!

No gart, no graphics my boy. You have an R300, which is officially an
unsupported and undocumented chipset. My girlfriend has the same on her
laptop. I emailed ATI but have recieved no responce.
--
AIM: StabbyMcforehead

Email: davidsmind at linuxbasics dot com
Weblog: http://davidsmind.diaryland.com