[armyops] linux help (XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD)

Obscure Daemon ObscureDaemon at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 03:23:23 EDT 2003

ArmyOps starts but fails out

./armyops > err.log 2>&1

gives me:

Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable failed

I've checked the library libGL.so.2.1 with "strings libGL.so.1.2 | grep -i
DRI"
and it shows DRI functions like:
XF86DRIQueryExtension
XF86DRIQueryVersion
XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable
XF86DRIOpenConnection
XF86DRIAuthConnection
XF86DRICloseConnection
XF86DRIGetClientDriverName

I also did "strace armyops | grep libGL" and verified that armyops was
opening the library file above.

I should also mention that I'm using the stock radeon driver that came with
redhat9
and when I start X I get a warning:

(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found

lspci shows me:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R300 NE
[Radeon 9700]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4e65

I tried the fglrx driver for radeon but it fails because I cant get agpgart
to load.
"insmod agpgart" says no such device.

arrrg!