[aquaria] SDL2 patches...

GMMan yukaili.geek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:25:21 EDT 2013

>Isn't the steamworks SDK available only under an NDA?
That's the whole point. Alec and Ryan can make the library referencing
Steamworks, while Aquaria itself only interfaces with whatever library
that contains possible Steamworks code. The idea is to separate Valve
NDA code and Aquaria game code into two pieces, and only merge the
Aquaria code, filling in the gap with a dummy library that manages
achievements locally.

>But I bet commercial interests are in the way and it's not permitted to do this sort of thing. Steam is, by design, a very effective form of DRM, and making it entirely optional sort of defeats the purpose.
Well, making Aquaria open source defeated the DRM already, considering
people could compile their own copies into what is arguably better
than the Steam version. It's the data that is restricted, not the
code. If you haven't bought the game, you don't have data to play the
game with, regardless of where you got your executables from.
--GMMan