[aquaria] SDL2 patches...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Fri Jul 19 10:53:27 EDT 2013

> There's however a reliable segfault during SDL shutdown, caused by
> improper cleanup in Joystick::shutdown().

Huh, that's strange, never crashed on Linux.  :/

> Another problem is that even though the timeout for the rumble effect is
> set, it doesn't stop. (Using XBox360 controller on WinXP)
> I worked around it by using a timer that was already there.

Yeah, this is a bug in SDL2 at the moment on Windows. The XInput API
(which a 360 controller would use) doesn't offer a means to specify a
timeout, but manually stopping the rumble works.

Your fix is good in any case, but I'm planning to fix this in SDL2 this
week, too.

> Btw, is there any chance that the changes done to the opensource code
> will be added to the steam/HiB versions at some point? I don't care
> about licensing so if this is going to happen just take my patches and
> throw them at your code.

> I'm just a bit disappointed that everyone still ships code from 5 years
> ago.

I would like to do this. Even ignoring all the really good improvements,
I'd love to fix the double-Li bug on Steam if nothing else.  :)

I think between you and Andrew Church, we've probably got 90% of the GPL
work. Andrew, are you interested in this?

If we're all cool with that, I'll check with Alec to see if he'll let me
update the Windows Steam build too.

--ryan.