[aquaria] Some more patches #2

False.Genesis false.genesis at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:27:56 EDT 2011

... continuing the last mail:

- The third one fixes all issues i had with MSVC:

@breversa:
 > I noticed that every time I get a new song, its notes appears a solid,
 > colored boxes (see attached picture). However, the runes appear
 > properly everywhere else (esp. in the inventory screen).

That was caused by an earlier edit - the MSVC STL does not clean the
internal stringstream buffer on seek - causing garbage strings due to a
missing terminating '\0'. Fixed now. (also thanks to exph)

Removed beta time limit stuff - no longer required.

Additional fixes for building without console window and proper
WinMain() usage with MSVC.
As a side effect, i had to remove the dependency on SDLmain - works just
fine without it.

Newer gcc/mingw versions complain about a missing -fpermissive for
FmodOpenALBridge.cpp.

Fixed CMakeLists.txt to properly include the libs from patch #2 for
MSVC/MinGW.

(Can't test a mingw-generated exe because it mysteriously fails to link
against OpenGL - no idea why. It compiles, at least.)

Added compile config files for those preferring to configure things with
.h files - disabled by default for CMake builds. Will be useful for
non-generated MSVC project files in case someone is interested.

- The 4th is a little cleanup patch to remove cruft

- The last one adds logging to the console window in debug mode and
fixes a weird crash on exit i had sometimes because of the static log
handle closing at a bad time in _atexit() handler (?!).

***

For patch #3, i am not sure this doesn't break anything - concerned that
SDLmain removed may break things on linux or mac. Can't test it, my
Linux machine is b0rked atm, and the Mac VM still refuses to be a usable OS.
So, anyone who can test this please post the results, thanks :)
(Take care of applying the patches in the right order!)

-- fg