[aquaria] Can't make the new version work on my linux box

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 18:43:14 EDT 2011

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:05:31 +0000
achurch+aquaria at achurch.org (Andrew Church) wrote:

> You also need to copy the scripts, since the old scripts will not work
> with the new executable:

Thank you, Andrew, I was in the middle of writing a mail about the very
same problem. That has done the trick.

Damien, I have also been seeing graphical corruption, though a lot more
severe than what you seem to be getting. I was getting it even before
today's update and yet, the game worked fine around this time last
year. I hadn't rebuilt it since so I chalked it up to a driver issue.
I'm using the open Radeon drivers though and I've just found that using
the Gallium driver instead of the Classic driver fixes the problem
entirely. It may not be exactly the same problem but I wouldn't be
surprised if the Gallium driver works for you too. I have a Radeon 4670
and it runs fairly smoothly at 1280x1024.

*playfully nudges Ryan after his recent comments on the open drivers* ;)

Regards,
James