[aquaria] Pets rebalancing suggestion

Giuseppe Bilotta giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 04:42:35 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, breversa <breversa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Am I the only one to almost never use any pet other than the nautilus
> ? I find the piranha and blaster pet quite useless, mainly due to
> speed issues :
>
> - while the piranha is not too slow to "aquire" a target, it is
> however too slow to reach most ennemies in time to start gnawing them,
> except the slowest ones. Improving its speed (making it as fast as the
> piranhas met in the kelp forest maybe ?), and maybe also shortening
> the delay between two "bites" would make this pet more useful in my
> opinion.
>
> - the blaster pet feels slower to aquire a target, shoots slowly, and
> the shots themselves are not very quick either, making it most useful
> against stationnary of very slow ennemies again. Again, speeding up
> the rate of aquisition, fire and/or shot movement would make this pet
> more useful.

I actually used the blaster pet for most of the game myself, except
possibly for the last part of the abyss and the sunken city, where the
monsters are somewhat harder to beat and the piranha seemed
considerably more effective.

Instead, one thing that I was thinking about was the possibility to
have more than one pet active at once. But maybe that would alter the
game balance too much? Or there could be secret monsters like the
current Simon Says that gives you the extra cooking dish, except that
they would allow you to activate more than one pet.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta