[aquaria] THE GUILY (was Unofficial PSP port)

Andrew Church achurch+aquaria at achurch.org
Fri Jun 18 05:54:45 EDT 2010

>> Are you absolutely sure you turned off the fbuffer setting in the
>> xml file?
>>
>yes, and i've also disabled it in the make flags. But could be a
>problem in our OpenGL implementation. I must try to reproduce the
>darkLayer object in a small example so i can try it

In that case, you might want to check whether there's a problem with
(1) glCopyTexImage2D() or (2) glBlendFunc(GL_ZERO,GL_SRC_COLOR) in your
GL implementation.  Try this:  Go into DarkLayer::preRender() and, right
after the glCopyTexImage2D() call, add something like this (not tested,
just an example):

	char *data = new char[quality*quality*4];
	glGetTexImage(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RBGA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data);
	FILE *f = fopen("test", "w");
	fwrite(data, quality*quality*4, 1, f);
	fclose(f);
	delete[] data;

That should write the contents of the dark layer texture to the file "test"
in the game's data directory.  Check that file using a hex editor or
similar, and it should be full of 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF (i.e., opaque white)
for the title screen.

- If it's something else, like all zeros or 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF (opaque
  black), there may be a bug in your glCopyTexImage2D().

- If it's correct, try going to DarkLayer::render() and changing
  glEnable(GL_BLEND) to glDisable(GL_BLEND).  If that causes the screen
  to go all white instead of all black, then your GL implementation (or
  possibly your video card) has buggy or incomplete blending support.

FWIW, I can confirm that the non-framebuffer version of the dark layer
code works correctly, since I haven't (yet?) implemented the OpenGL
framebuffer extension on the PSP and the dark layer still renders fine.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/