[airstrike] airstrike Debian patches

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Mon May 5 03:24:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 07:33:33AM +0200, Michele Renda wrote:
> Hi Erik
>
> First of all thank for your work. I want to say that I like your game (I
> know that is more a tech demostration more than a game) and that I think
> that is good and complete enough to be played.

First of all, it's not _my_ game. It was started by Ulf Ekström and Eero
Tamminen, I joined the project well after version pre6a was released.

Regarding my "tech demo" statements, I do not want to raise expectations
that can't be fulfilled. Airstrike did progress much, it changed a lot
since pre6a. While pre6a is a simple game, the svn version allows for
much more complex gameplay, but IMHO lacks the finishing touches to make
it a _game_.

> I am thinking to make a port of this game to Openmoko platform. Is
> according you something possible? (as far I know there will be the
> libsdl-image).

Could be possible. Airstrike uses a fixed resolution of 800x600, so the
grafics would need to be converted at least. And it uses floating point
calculations, I don't expect Openmoko to support this. So I would say
that some work is needed to do it, but even cell phones should be fast
enough.

Patches are always welcome, preferably against the svn version. ;-)

Erik
--
Additionally, algorithms from the NSA are considered a sort of alien
technology: they come from a superior race with no explanations.