[airstrike] bug in timing code

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Sep 2 13:03:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Display is in core which doesn't know about engine, engine knows about core.
> I.e. everything display.c uses, should be in core (or SDL or libc).

Well, then FRAMERATE will stay in display.h...

> This drivers the engine "mainloop" for two seconds after showing
> the level end message (after which level switches). If it would just
> SDL_Delay, the game would freeze while the level end message is shown.

A place to use delay_to_frames(). ;)

> 1/10sec = 100ms.  Where did you get the 90ms value?

Because the value of FRAMERATE was used as frame duration => 30ms for
one frame => time base of 90ms.

This is changed iff .frame_time = 1000/FRAMERATE is used (what is not
the case atm, but part of what I plan to implement).

Erik