[airstrike] Re: Level changing and tags

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Wed May 11 16:55:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 23:23, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Btw. Now whenever I switch to another level, it says
> > "there is no joystick 0". Couldn't/shouldn't this checking be done at
> > the game startup?
>
> I changed the verbosity of the joystick code a bit, with the current
> code messages of the kind "there is no joystick 0" can be disabled by
> writing a configuration file (share/defaults.conf) containing at least
>
> player1_control {
>   joy_no -1
> }
> player2_control {
>   joy_no -1
> }

Can the keyboard bindings be set from here too? :-)

It would also good to have a commented default config so that people
know more easily how to change the defaults.

> Specifying -1 as the joystick number deactivates the joystick for that
> player. If the hardcoded defaults are used there are still those
> messages about missing joystick(s).
>
> The behaviour of the joystick code has not changed, only the messages
> print to stderr.

I looked into joystick.c and noticed minor stylistic issue.  In the rest of
the Airstrike code the function definitions are written so that the block
delimiter '{' is on a separate line from the function name & args.

(My own "sin" in this is following linux kernel coding styles i.e. I have
different indenting value than Ulf + I use braces always.  I've coded too
many years that way.)

	- Eero