[airstrike] Triggers and level ending

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Fri Jul 15 18:19:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Thursday 14 July 2005 12:28, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> I think there should be several game modes in airstrike, e.g. goal
> oriented single player/cooperative play and two player deathmatch. The
> current level systems seems to support this by special levels for each
> game mode, though I don't know if it is possible to specify the number
> (or name) of the next level (to stay in one type of levels).

One way to implement this would be to have an Airstrike command line
option for selecting the game type (goal oriented vs. dog-fight).
Airstrike would then read a different settings file for the co. level.

The new settings files could be named e.g. as:
- settings.goals
- settings.dogfight
:-)

On Friday 15 July 2005 12:35, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> > There are still some problems:
> > - I added to the level 1 player death (level restart) triggers, but
> > that means the level is skipped if level 0 is played first.  The reason
> > is that object statistics are not zeroed at the level end
>
> The level is skipped even when started with -level 1 (at least for me).

That's wierd...  Anyway I fixed this by using player trigger.
Additionally I fixed player generator and player trigger count
checking to reflect the Airstrike shell help text.

I also added a new "singleshot" generator that can be used to generate
a single sprite each time a timer trigger (or something else) triggers it.

What other generator types there are in addtion to player one:
- Singleton generator maintains on the screen always single sprite until it
  has been killed the specified amount of times, an
- Multi generator keeps always given number of sprites of given spritetypes
  alive.  (Ulf, that's the second thing for which I need level specific
  object type counts.)

	- Eero