[airstrike] Triggers and level ending

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Tue Jul 12 16:49:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 20:30, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> > You can use msg_kill, if you want to kill the sprite completely. This
> > should be with explosion and stuff, so it will look all right.
>
> This does not look too good and is error prone since the kill is
> instantanious which may result in too many suicides at once. When using
> msg_set_damage() the plane dies the same way as when shot down.

Ah, you mean it spirals down trailing smoke etc. :-)

Btw. to have a quicker way, I added level restart shortcut key a few days
ago.  Airstrike also now shows why level changed.

> > Currently there is no way to get number of hitpoints (but maybe there
> > should be. Tell me if you really need it.).
>
> It is not really needed, I would just have used it if available.
>
> > > Attached is an svn diff of my changes so far.
>
> OK, I'll commit it.

Note that I haven't yet added triggers to levels on what happens when
plane(s) die (enough times).  I will do it soon, honest...

What should happen when plane dies?
- Restart of the level
- Move to next level with message about level "failure"
- Something else?

I've thought that triggers might have a "msg" keyword which in level fail
case would be set to as level message and shown before level is changed.

Before that, the level description should be shown somewhere. I mean
what are the level goals (what triggers level end for that level) in less
technical terms...  Currently there's the description.txt file, but maybe
level description should be specified in the settings file instead?

	- Eero