[airstrike] Triggers and level ending

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Tue Jul 5 15:51:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Monday 04 July 2005 13:34, Ulf Ekstrom wrote:
> > TODOs:
> > - Proximity trigger is still missing and will/would be very nice.  I'll
> >   look into this once the other stuff is tested/ready
>
> I started to create functions for this some time ago, I will take it up
> again. Basically we need a little library of different shaped masks that
> can be used for testing proximity (disc and cone shapes come to mind).
> This is also needed to write an ai that can avoid hitting things.

Hm.  I thought that it could just check the object co-ordinates and ignore
their size/shape.   I would assume most of the proximity triggers to have
much longer range than the size of the objects that trigger them, in which
case this wouldn't be a problem (just a feature :)).  I thought that in most
cases it would also make sense to check position for only a subset of
sprites:
- A specific tagged sprite (single player :))
- A specific sprite type (e.g. plane)
As it might look silly if cannon would start shooting at birds & flies.

(Haven't had time for the stuff yet, maybe next weekend...)

	- Eero