[airstrike] dev-cpp support

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Sun Aug 14 16:33:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Saturday 13 August 2005 15:29, Pavel 'xkurt' Martinov wrote:
> Hey, guys !
> First i would like to sorry for my english. It is bad, because i'm from
> Russia. :-)
>
> I recived last revision(49) of yours code and add Dev-Cpp support and
> change
> int main(int argc, const char *argv[]) to int main(int argc, char
> *argv[]) - needed for SDL_main.
> Dev-Cpp - GNU IDE for Windows, it is work with mingw-gcc.
>
> But i can't commit my files, because i have not subversion accaunt.
> Please give me it :-).

Please mail your patch (if it's only a few lines) to the mailing list
or to Ulf and me.   We have some (reasonable) coding guidelines for
the project on the www-page and I'd like to see that the change doesn't do
something against them (e.g. "fixes" for warnings from C++ compilers
although the code is C, not C++).

> I think, that i can add net support for this project. I have little
> expirience with network programming under linux&windows and now learn
> SDL_net.

What kind of an approach you've thought of?

Peer-to-peer or client-server?

You can transmit the game state across network on different levels,
simplest one is transmiting just:
- random seed
- the level name
- player interaction (key presses/joystick movements)

And more complicated one could transmit all level data at game startup and
within level changes between the states of all the game objects.  (would
really require separate server that handles this.)

	- Eero