[airstrike] Airstrike TODO

Eero Tamminen oak at welho.com
Thu May 6 16:54:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

I updated the TODO list in the CVS and split it to before v1.0 and after it
tasks + added quite a bit of after v1 stuff:
http://cvs.lysator.liu.se/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/airstrike/doc/TODO?cvsroot=airstrike

Tell what do you think!

> comments:
> > Configuration:
> > - Global configuration file with level size, keyboard bindings etc
> > - Command line options, their help + corresponding manual page updates:
> > - config file & level selection
> > - fullscreen on/off
> >  - sound on/off
>
> All those options should be configurable in game. And I agree we need
> them before a release. We should write a gui system, it would be nice to
> have at least some text entry mechanism and some menus.

In-game menus added.

Where do you need text entry, high-score or for showing messages with player
name?

I don't think we need high-score and player names can be gotten either
from config file or command line options.  (somebody could do a separate
program for modifying Airstrike options, edit levels etc before launching
the actual game.  This kind of editor can be OS specific).

> > Level support improvements:
> > - Multiple players/planes (at least user & AI)
>
> yup.
>
> > - Bonuses are specified per level
> > - sprite generators
> > - sprite proximity triggers
> > - Level ending
>
> - Level changing (show level stats etc)
>
> This is important I think.

I changed the orders, things are now in priority order under the headings.

> > Biplane improvements:
> > - Plane can die
> > - Multiple planes
> > - Both bombs and bullets
> > - Show fuel/damage/bomb meter or stats
> >  (see energymeter object in older Airstrike version)
>
> We should make a new energymeter. The gauge was not so good for
> energy; we can use it for fuel perhaps, if we are going to have fuel in
> the game (I think we can/should).
>
> > - Text "say" stuff to biplane
>
> Should be trivial to put back in. Maybe it should be directly in the
> ai, which known when the controlling object recieves damage.
>
> > - Control change from one object (plane) to another (parachute)
>
> Yes.

I moved this after v1.0 along with all the proximity stuff.

> > - Biplanes "in love" mode (a bonus)
>
> This is really an ai thing, maybe it can wait until next release.
>
> > - Biplane "flipping"
>
> Next release maybe.
>
> > Extra game features:
> > - Possibility to specify trigger for activating certain sprite
> >   when other objects come near enough
> > - Finish "particle effects" code
> >   - add effects to objects
> > (- Integrate & test wind code from old Airstrike version)
>
> -> Next release.

Updated.

> > Add objects / object features:
> > - Fuel object
> > - parachute-man object
> > - Better missile guidance
>
> - Better ufo rotation
> - SAM site / proximity triggered cannon object

SAM moved to post v1.

> - More sound effects to objects
>
> These objects are a bit questionable,
> they don't bring that much to the game:
> - Hippo
> - Asteroid
> - Hangar
>
> But we can keep them in the tree at least; who knows. And I like the
> hippo :-)

Ok, I added hippo rotation improvements.

	- Eero