[airstrike] Guided missiles ?

Eero Tamminen oak at welho.com
Sun May 2 16:02:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

> what about guided missiles ?

There were such in Ulf's "wide-screen" test version of Airstrike last year.

They are pretty hard to avoid though so I thought ones which won't do any
real damage, just plane knock off course, would be nicer (i.e. the snowball
cannon).

Does anybody have nice animation for a snowball cannon?

With more coding effort it could be done such that first it aims the cannon
pipe approximately towards the object approaching (so player can have time
to duck) and only when aim is "right" it fires a heat-seeker.  Whether to
have this affects what it would look like, but here could be two types of
cannons too.

(And I *do* want a "thud" sound when the cannon shoots :-))

	- Eero