[airstrike] Fed up with red plane having infinite bombs

Ulf Ekström ulfek at ifm.liu.se
Sat Apr 24 17:39:42 EDT 2004

> > On the gameplay front we've discussed a bit of a possibility to
> > transfer player control from one object (e.g. plane) to another
> > (parachute, dragon etc).  The main problem is how to effectively
> > express this in the level file so that it maps cleanly to the code.
> :)
>
> what is your level format ?
> This question is also important for me because of my own game. I decided to use something looking like XML temporarily..

You can have a look at a recent snapshot, the files are in share/levels/*/settings. The parsing code is in glue.c.

> >  What's better in the new code:
> > - we can have multiple levels and levels are separate from the
> >   actual game
> if I can help with a level parser or so... I have my own projects but no motivation for them

I would like to have functions so that I can write

x = random(1,10)

or something. I think it can be added quite easily.

> > - better physics engine (plane behaves more realistically)
> do we care about realism ?

No, only playability. But as Eero said semi-realism is the easiest way
to fun behaviour.

> Do you plan to write some netcode ?

Maybe after the game is fun on one box :-)

Ulf