[airstrike] Airstrike on FreeBSD 5.1

Eero Tamminen oak at welho.com
Sun Dec 7 16:29:43 EST 2003

Hi

> I have ported Airstrike (031105) to FreeBSD. I have changed
>  - sdl-config to sdl11-config in the Makefile

The script is named sdl-config in SDL sources, why it's on BSD sdl11-config?
(I'd assume BSD at least to link latest version to 'sdl-config'...)

>  - malloc.h to stdlib.h (because everything from malloc.h has been moved
>  to stdlib.h on FreeBSD)

stdlib.h is the correct include for alloc operations. malloc.h shouldn't
AFAIK actually be used in portable code, so this change can be put
code.

>  - /bin/bash to /bin/sh in one of the shellscripts

This seems OK too.

Btw. I've added one more script to the POV stuff (in CVS).
Does plain /bin/sh (Bource shell) handle this:
	count=1
	count=$(($count+2))
	echo $count
3
?
(/bin/sh *is* Bash on Linux, so I can't test this.)

> That's all, and now it runs perfectly. I have attached a patch, so you
> can make it available on the homepage.

	- Eero
--
PS. In case you're interested what's currently happening in Airstrike CVS,
I'm fiddling with levels (POV stuff & scripts) and Ulf is improving the