Respawning bug making the game unbalanced

Kujansuu Pekka peksi at htklx2.htk.fi
Fri Nov 15 05:21:31 EST 2002

Hi,

I found a little bug in Airstrike making it unbalanced: The red player respawns longer after he has died. This makes unbalanced situations where either the red player wins when both players die at the same time in a 4-4 situation, or the blue player gets a head start. I made a patch for biplane.c against the pre5 development snapshot. I hope it works with the CVS-version too...
Btw, one thing that you should consider changing is the scoring time. I think the players should score at the moment the plane dies, but the game should check the scores only after a player respawns. That would allow ties, which would make it more fair, since you couldn't do a kamikaze at 4-4 hoping to win.
--
Pekka Kujansuu