Nostalgy

Lemmit Kaplinski lemmit at kaplinski.com
Sun Dec 15 05:41:08 EST 2002

Hi,

I've really enjoyed AirStrike so far and would like to know if you are
thinking of implementing scrolling background?

The reason is that there's one game I really liked once, cannot
remember it's name, but the basic idea was flying a plane in the
pacific, trying to sink japanese aircraft carriers. There were
machine-guns, bombs and torpedoes. The interface was 2D - sopwith ;)
style.

I'd really like to see some sort of reincarnation of that one. So far
the jolly-happy style AirStrike has adopted is very good also, only
suitable music is missing, but I cannot help with that, sorry. Maybe
you could grab some public domain music that associates with all kinds
of parades and festivals? There should be such.

As for testing different settings - pretty much everything is OK, but
gravity is a bit too strong. Might be realistic that you cannot fly a
biplane straight up (don't really know), but hey, it's a game!

Thank you for the work so far and I hope it goes on ;)

L.