Airstrike release plan

Eero Tamminen oak at welho.com
Tue Dec 10 13:50:47 EST 2002

Hi,

I found out that Ulf is visiting Finland for a few days and staying 15 mins
from where I live so I invited him for a visit so we can talk about
Airstrike. :-)

Attached is current release plan for Airstrike.

	- Eero
--
Version 1.0
===========

Focus: stabililize *main* gameplay and game engine

TODO:
- planes can do Immelmans turns (only) when moving?
- object size affects the effect of wind
- portability cleanups
- ai cleanups

Features:
- two to four player multiplay
- fairly good computer player for single player gaming
- game engine:
  - floating point based sprite engine + signaling
    - freely rotating rigid body code
    - collisions
  - realistic plane aerodynamics
    - wind according to object position + size
  - ai can find enemies (long range + short range scanning)
  - particle engine
  - antialiasing
- preliminary (positional) sound support
- damages, score keeping and bonuses
- objects:
  - planes + firing + bombs
  - cannon + cannon balls
  - zeppelin + wreck
  - hot-air balloon
  - bonus machine + bonuses
- all graphics are raytraced
- build system:
  - automatic graphics generation from POV-models
- documentation:
  - textual descriptions
  - architecture diagrams
  - man page
- windows version and rpm + deb packages

Version 1.2
===========

Focus: polishing version 1

Features:
- improvements:
  - intro movie
  - better sounds
  - background music
  - fix autoconf issues
  - better sprites (images + finetuned behaviour)
  - everything is configurable in config file and menus
    - keybindings
  - sparks, fireworks etc particle effects?
  - code cleanup & optimization
    - sprite group division
  - joystick support
- new objects:
  - hangar
  - parachute man
  - homing missile
  - spiked ball on a chain
  - more bonuses
  - air mines
  - trees
- code documentation with Doxygen?

Version 2
=========

Focus: game engine can be used to do different games

- Multiple levels + level parser + level editor
- Larger than screen levels
- Networked play
- OpenGL backend for zooming into action