[smpeg] Smpeg 0.4.4 no longer works with SDL...

Dominique Louis Dominique at SavageSoftware.com.au
Wed Mar 31 10:58:42 EST 2004

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 08:32, Dominique Louis wrote:
> I don't have a link, but you can render to an RGB software surface
> offscreen, and then use glTexImage2D/glTexSubImage2D to put it on a
> quad. Please note that older hardware has limits on the size of a
> texture (256x256 on a Voodoo3...modern hardware has an insane upper
> limit, though), and that your movie needs to be in power-of-two
> dimensions.
>
> Render-to-texture is another option.

So would the basic psuedo code be something like...

MyPowerof2Surface = SDL_CreateRGBSurface();

SMPEG_setdisplay( Handle, MyPowerof2Surface , NULL, MyOpenGLCallBack );

then in

MyOpenGLCallBack()
{
   Grab MyPowerof2Surface
   Render it onto a quad
}

Is this roughly right?  Do I have to make use of the SurfaceLock mutex
at any point or can I safely ignore it?

How does this method differ to the render-to-texture method you mentioned?

Dominique.