[smpeg] smpeg CVS VisualC.zip empty

John Doe pr0fauxlactics at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:46:57 EST 2003

I don't know what is going on. I've been grinding on this mp3 playing code
and compiler config for about 6-8 hours now. I finally decided the
pre-compiled-lib must come without mp3 support so I downloaded and compiled
sdl_mixer with MP3_MUSIC on, and all the other formats (save for WAV) turned
off. All I need is wav and mp3. Try as I might, I can't get it to work. It
says "Module format not recognized" in my error checking. I don't know if
that means that it doesn't see that file as an mp3 (it is), or (more likely)
that it just doesn't see mp3 support for some reason. my hacked mixer1.c
program and SDL_mixer are both linked with smpeg.lib (didn't believe mixer1
would need to be, but I tried it when it didn't work), so I don't understand
what the hold up is. I'm hoping it is a problem with 0.4.4, or something
simple. It is probably something stupid I'm doing, and if so, I'm sorry to
have bothered you guys.

Let me know if this is something better suited for a sdl_mixer list
somewhere.

Thanks again,
Joseph Nicholas Yarbrough