Seeking by milliseconds in libmikmod?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue May 21 07:09:18 EDT 2002

Hi there.

I maintain a sound decoding library, called SDL_sound
(http://icculus.org/SDL_sound/). My library uses libMikmod to decode a
whole bunch of soundfile formats, and it works great; much thanks for your
efforts on mikmod!

One feature we're adding to SDL_sound is the ability to seek within a
sample while decoding it, so that an application can (for example) play
through a sound file, and then continuously loop at an arbitrary point
after that first full playback. SDL_sound specifies the point to seek to
in milliseconds, but none of my developers can figure out how to coerce
MikMod into doing this. The best we could come up with is
Player_SetPosition(), but we couldn't figure out what the function wants
for an argument.

Is what we're trying to do feasible with MikMod as it stands today?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

--ryan.