[sdlsound] Sound_Seek() framework in place.

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Wed Apr 24 03:33:35 EDT 2002

I've split up my changes into what I hope are manageable chunks.

bugfix.diff fixes a logical error in SDL_sound.c. (When trying to clear
individual sample flags it would actually clear them all.)

flac.diff implements seeking for the FLAC decoder. Annoyingly, libFLAC
needs to know the total length of the undecoded stream, and the only way
I can think of to find that out is to do an SDL_RWseek(rw, 0, SEEK_END)
and see where that puts me, clearing the CANSEEK flag if it fails. I'm
not entirely happy about this. The autoconf stuff would probably benefit
if someone who knows what he's doing would take a look at it, as well.

midi.diff and modplug.diff implements seeking for the TiMidity and
ModPlug decoders respectively.

mikmod.diff completely fails to implement seeking for the MikMod
decoder, but is still important because the unpatched version _thinks_
it can seek.

playsound.diff adds a --skip option, which is what I used for testing
this stuff so perhaps it'll be useful to others as well.

Torbjörn
--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB
Persona