Updates to SDL_sound

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Thu Oct 4 02:48:48 EDT 2001

I see you've fixed most - perhaps all - of my build problems while I
were sleeping. Thanks! :-)

A few questions/observations though:

At the moment, aiff.c includes SDL_endian.h. That's no longer necessary,
is it?

Slight inconsistency: shn.c and voc.c use #if (defined
SOUND_SUPPORTS_...). The other decoders use #ifdef SHOULD_SUPPORTS_...

Should we include <config.h> or "config.h"? I know I have a few config.h
files lurking in subdirectories of /usr/include and /usr/local/include
on my system, so "config.h" sounds a bit safer to me...

If I understand the last playsound.c changes, it now lets the decoder
decide the audio format. Won't that break the decoders which can't or
won't get the sample rate from their input, e.g. RAW, MOD, MIDI, ...?

Speaking of playsound.c, for some reason that one wasn't being compiled
when I tried it yesterday. If I changed its Makefile.am to use
bin_PROGRAMS instead of check_PROGRAMS it seemed to work, but is that
the right thing to do? I recently installed automake 1.5, so perhaps
that broke something...

Torbjörn Andersson