More FLAC decoder cleanups

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Wed Nov 21 03:10:08 EST 2001

Hopefully the last batch of FLAC decoder changes for a while.

Apart from some gratutious code shuffling and identifier renaming, and a
few additional comments, this should allow us to play FLAC streams even
when the sample size isn't exactly 8 or 16 bits.

It's untested, but it should work - famous last words - and at the very
least it shouldn't break the old behaviour.

One feature that will have to wait is allowing playback from any
arbitrary point in the stream (by getting the audio format from the
audio frame instead of the STREAMINFO metadata). At this time, where we
get the audio data from a file or memory area, it just seems like an
enormous pain in the butt (read: I couldn't get it even close to working
on the first attempt) in exchange for a tiny gain in functionality.

Torbjörn