[quake3] Supported protocols

Zachary J. Slater zachary at ioquake.org
Mon Apr 21 15:12:47 EDT 2008

Let me make this as clear as possible:
Chris Bunting is either misinformed, a troll, or both.
I do not care to support this, nor will I ever support ideas that come
directly out of this.
Old protocols aren't easily supportable, and are essentially a waste
of effort at this point.

If someone wants to make a patch, and submit it to bugzilla, for a
standard, easy method of swapping protocols at runtime, then it MIGHT
be good enough for the patches page. I don't suspect there are any
good natured reasons for undertaking this... dive into history. I
suspect the only reason to support this is troll trying to waste our
efforts, or someone who wants to run cheats or some crap that only
runs with older protocols.

The only eboner I get for this is with working on Dreamcast support.
However, even that is fleeting, I don't think I have a legitimate copy
of Q3 DC but I'll have to check my collection first.

If I recall correctly, that was a 1.17 release right after some "pro"
maps were added to the game. So that is pretty much it for my fondness
of that era.