[quake3] cl_guid = unknown

G bougard.g at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:23:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I still analyzed this kind of problem for WQ3 mod and it seems related
to the MOD. If the player uses always the same ioq3 installation to play
your MOD, it should always send a cl_guid correctly generated by ioq3
code (but it could not with older versions). But, if for any reason, the
player uses another engine, as the original Q3 engine, the cl_guid is
not generated in the same way. It could be set if the player use a CD
key, but it could be not set and leaved to 'unknown'... That's all.

It seems cl_guid could only be reliable if it is used directly in the
MOD in the same way than ioq3 implementation. But this must be
validated.