[quake2] Fwd: ALSA sound support

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 11:31:28 EST 2006

--- Brendan Burns <brendanburns at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the fix!  I'll get it into CVS.
>
> And yes, the icculus alsa code is pretty much
> directly lifted from quake
> forge.
> --brendan

No problem.  I committed several other changes prior
to the alsa driver fix yesterday.  Fixes to mod
Feel free to look at diffs for revisions: 11238,
11239, 11240, and 11241.

11238, I don't believe Icculus suffers from the mod
exporting QUAKE2_HOME to the environment, as seen in
the latter half of the diff, can make it easier for
new mods to perform file io in their respective homes.

11239, The sexed sound loading fix in snd_dma.c cures
a hiccup in gameplay experienced the first time a
per-model sound is resourced - particularly noticeable
on machines with slower hard drives (e.g. notebooks).
The changes to snd_alsa.c at this revision were not
yet complete.

11240, The fix to timedemo is probably valid because
enabling timedemo on a server crashes it within
seconds :)  Timedemo is disabled in deathmatch, and
writeonly in dedicated mode.

11241, The netgraph changes are really just visual
enhancements requested on q2f bugzilla.  Ditched the
gray background, shrank it to 24px high, and put it
behind the player stats.  Also, draw the console after
netgraph since netgraph was breaking the console
transparency.

Hth,

Jay

Jay Dolan