[quake2] Bugs in Quake 2 Mandriva 2006

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Mon Aug 7 15:34:22 EDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 20:26, O.Sezer wrote:
> Nick Warne wrote:

> >>I use the attached patches when building
> >>the mission pack game libraries. I hope
> >>they'll be useful for you.
> >
> > Those patches do not address this - this is a compiler build issue.
>
> See xatrix-1-other1.diff :  It removes those externs
> from g_local.h which should cure that particular
> issue. (Am I missing something ?)

I see - sorry I missed that one (really good intuitive patch names ;-) ).  The
reason I ask is I run a Xatrix server using my own cut down code, and have
never had problems with that type of build error at all over last 5 years -
ever!

So I suspect a GCC change version that has turned a warning into an error.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/quake2plus/

Nick

--
Every program has two purposes:
one for which it was written and another for which it wasn't.