[quake2] Mouse problems (again)

Nelson Marques nmarques at netvisao.pt
Wed Mar 30 17:42:56 EST 2005

Dunno for sure, but I presume that ET doesn't use DGA since it always
tries to shut it down. Check a console log.
If it can't, KABOOM! Very known ET bug under linux ;)
It's also known that X.ORG servers usually go insane when apps (games do
as far as I know) run in virtual desktops with higher resolution than
the native.
As for the rest, first thing I would try would be to make sure I would
enable DGA. Try in the xorg.conf or XF86Config:

 in the modules part:

SubSection "extmod"
 Option "omit xfree86-dga"

_REPLACE FOR_

SubSection "extmod"
 Option"xfree86-dga"

It' should be ok afer this. It's known that some ATI cards only work
properly with this config. And it's mandatory for some versions of the
Savage in combination to weird chipsets. It's a real problem in the X
Servers (xorg and XFree86).

hope it helps,
else you will always have hara-kiri available ;)

nmarques