[quake2] playing quake2

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Wed Mar 30 10:25:04 EST 2005

qudos qudos wrote:
> P.S. I'm working in quake 2 bots for linux, as i said in another
> thread i'm not a coder but i'm learning.
>
> I have working not fully 100%
>
> ACEBot (some ctf issues)
> JABot http://jal.quakedev.com/ (the code need fixes yet)
> 3ZB2 (crashes ctf with something related about 'BOX_ON_PLANE_SIDE' :[ )
> DeathMatch bots inside the main quake2 game, works as a mod.
> Eraser and Eraser Ultra working, bots are joining but when i press the
> mouse button for joing into the game the crashes.

hi -- tried out JABot last night on my linux server. It launched okay
and I got a JABot splashscreen when joining, but sv addbot name (or any
other command) exited without doing anything. What can I do to help
troubleshoot?

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!