[quake2] compile icculus for windows

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 14:13:51 EST 2005

There is windows code in the archive.  Its possible that it will
compile.  I don't think anyone has tried for a long long time...

I think a lot of the different projects have different goals.  Making
Quake2 look like Doom3 for example.  My goal in the icculus port is to
make quake2 as playable and secure on linux as possible.    Much of
this is linux specific (e.g. sound, mouse, joystick, OpenGL ...) and
thus of little interest to the windows folks.

There's no reason why there isn't more "togetherness" its simply that
no one has ever expressed much interest.  I've certainly taken security
fixes and what not from the various windows source bases and
incorporated them into the icculus source.

If you (or anyone) get the source to compile for windows please let me
know and feel free to send a patch if you needed to make any changes.

--brendan