[quake2] To all the mouse problem peoples

Julien Langer jlanger at zigweb.de
Fri Mar 18 13:42:14 EST 2005

On Fr, 2005-03-18 at 16:09 +0000, Nick Warne wrote:
> Well, doing a google this does *seem* to be the mouse 'goes apeshit' problem
> for a lot of people on a lot of games.
> Can anybody confirm this does fix the issues raised?

I'm sure that this is the most common mouse problem with games under
Linux.
I remember when I was new to Linux I also had these mouse issues but I
quickly found out that I need to enable DGA.

> BTW, I just checked my xorg.conf, and I have dga turned off anyway - maybe why
> I never ever did have mouse problems.

Are you sure? DGA turned off (option "omit xfree86-dga" disables the dga
extension, thus removing this line enables dga) means that games can't
access the mouse directly. It needs to be enabled to have a proper mouse
in games.