[quake2] strange things form

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Jan 2 11:36:24 EST 2005

On Sunday 02 January 2005 16:08, Karen Pouelle wrote:

> Is it safe to assume that if one records a demo and replays it and still
> sees an aberration in the demo and then sends the demo to be replayed on
> another Quake 2 engine that if the effect is seen again in the demo, then
> it's something common in both that's being rendered by the engine and not a
> defect in the video?

Effectively, yes.  If it is the engine, then you would assume the demo will
carry the entity or whatever it is.

But there are too many buts.  I think this is just a local issue with the
graphic drivers/quake2 version/time of month type thing.  Also code can
produce some funny things once in a while no matter how many times it all
works fine in the interim.

Nick

--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,