[quake2] Shutdown problems

Nicolai Haehnle prefect_ at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 17:33:12 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 04:20, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Anyone had any exiting problems on Quake2 client using ref GLX ?
>  Currenlty when I quit the game it just stalls mouse movement on the
> screen and the X Server stops right there, if you have something like a
> terminal open, you can still type, keyboard input is still present, all
> the rest is gone. Latest nvidia drivers on FC 3
running .xorg-x11-6.8.1-12.

This is a *very* common problem with many games. As Brendan said, Quake
grabs the mouse pointer and fails to release it again.

I'd argue that this is actually an X server bug, since the X server should
really release all resources when a client quits, and the mouse grab is a
kind of resource.

cu,
Nicolai