[quake2] Build help with Quake2 dedicated server on FreeBSD

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Thu Feb 17 12:21:13 EST 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 15:57, m0gely wrote:
> Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > please see my games/quake2lnx port.  it has all freebsd-soecific issues
> > resolved.
>
> More X stuff. ;P  I just wanted the server which I now have thanks for
> Nick.  Unfortunately, my favorite mods need recompiling as well and they
> never released their source.

Do you play Xatrix?  I have a special ded server build with all the monster
stuff removed.  I have just finished my new super-dooper Makefile, which
builds like the 2.6.x Linux kernels now - nice quiet build lines :)

http://www.nick.ukfsn.org/xatrix_plus/

I haven't built it on FreeBSD, as that box is for other things.  Builds clean
on Linux.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,