[quake2] Build help with Quake2 dedicated server on FreeBSD

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Wed Feb 16 15:20:55 EST 2005

Thomas J Fogal wrote:

> you should not have to disable any options to compile quake2.
> you simply need to use 'gmake' on BSD systems, instead of 'make'.

Thanks yeah I had that on my system but didn't think to try it.  It
compiles for some time but then error's out with this:

gmake[1]: *** [debugi386/client/cd_sdl.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/m0gely/temp/quake2-r0.16.1'
gmake: *** [build_debug] Error 2

I did this gmake with a fresh tarball.  So the Makefile and everything
else is now default. (it failed on my modified version too)

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/