[quake2] Highly erratic mouse behavior

Tom Murphy q2 at yggdrasil.ath.cx
Tue Feb 8 12:45:12 EST 2005

Well I've switched the mouse from the PS/2 port (via USB->PS/2 adapter)
to directly into the USB port and the same problem occurs.

I've found if I try to aim and fire, it will lag slightly, and of
course, reacting, I overcompensate and end up moving too far one way or
the other. It's as if the mouse is lagging behind my movements.

I tried m_filter 1 to see if that helped. It didn't.
It doesn't seem to be the sdl binaries, because it does the exact same
thing with just running 'quake 2'. (I have to run the sdl binaries just
so I can have sound.. sound doesn't work otherwise.)

I found that the IBM Scrollpoint mouse gives insane values to X when
using the scroll wheel.
(http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0410.3/0799.html), but I
feel these two items are unrelated. The swap of left and right on the
axis is a bit strange.. and having to set the m_yaw to a negative number
shouldn't be normal, should it? I've also tried changing m_yaw #'s and
it's still acting up.

I'll try 0.15 and see if that works.

Tom