Quake 2 'entities' help

Asfand Yar Qazi email at asfandyar.cjb.net
Mon Feb 7 05:27:34 EST 2005

Hi again,

I was wondering if anybody knew of any sites where I could get some
tutorials or overview into the working of Quake 2 'entities'.

What I'm really interested in is how the game allows these entities to
perform their own custom operations, and then integrates these
operations into the game world itself.  E.g. a monster, a rocket and a
health pack are all entities and share some code, but also have custom
code for themselves.  How is this custom code and common code linked?

Thanks,
	Asfand Yar