Strange SDL sound problem

Julien Langer jlanger at zigweb.de
Sat Aug 20 07:25:58 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a strange SDL Sound problem with q2 0.16.1.
If I start Q2 I get the following message:

SDL: Audio timeout - buggy audio driver? (disabled)
audio: Bad file descriptor

However sound works if the sound quality is set to "low" in the q2
options.
But when I set sound quality to high and restart quake2, there's no
sound.
However if I switch the sound quality to low and then back again to high
sound works in high quality.
But after the next q2 restart, sound is missing again and I need to
switch to low and back again to high in order to get it working again.
This is quite annoying.

I think it's somehow related to the newer SDL Version in Debian SID
(1.2.7+1.2.8cvs20041007) because it worked fine some time ago.
Does anyone else see this problem and might have a solution?

Regards,
Julien