[quake2] Icculus Q2 (Gentoo build), mods won't work

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Wed Sep 1 22:08:27 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:22:57 +0100, Nick Warne wrote
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 22:06, Steven Edwards wrote:
>
> > > Seriously there _must_ be something wrong with the way it is set up
> > > for it to
> > > not work.
> >
> > My money is on a over optimized gentoo build.
>
> Sorry, disagree again.
>
> An optimised built will not make the thing _not_ work as asked.  It
> will crash, perhaps, or lock up... but it will initially work as it
> should.  On my Xatrix server I run every Sunday for friends I built
> the server ded code with Intels ICC and all the game stuff (i.e.
> monster code) taken out - but whatever I start game with the server
> works.  Same here on my quake2 client Slackware 10.
>
> No, the problems here are definitely file hierarchy/and or/the way
> it is started.  If it doesn't find pak files etc, then that is a set-
> up problem... not code.
>
> Nick
>
> --
> "When you're chewing on life's gristle,
> Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."

So your saying that it should work with ALL mods running on Linux (In general)??

I've been trying to get the AQ2 mod going, with only partial success. It runs,
but I don't see the weapons and a few other things. And I think it's due to
the gamei386.so file that required for it. I've seen no way to build it for Linux.

Wolf