[quake2] Starting out questions

Karen Pouelle hockeyvixen at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 6 04:10:20 EDT 2004

 --- Asfand Yar Qazi <email at asfandyar.cjb.net> wrote:
> What is the max resolution?
> My mistake - its just some problem with the RLE options in the
> file I saved, I think.  Ignore these two posts :-)

I think the max resolution of a texture is 4096 x 4096, but on my video card
it's limited to 2048 x 2048.  So far, the largest texture I've remade has
been 1024 x 512, maybe one of them 1024 x 1024.

Also, someone asked earlier what advantages were in the Icculus Q2 code over
the Id binaries - there are some security updates and exploits (most notibly
the rcon exploit) fixed in post-3.21 code. The most recent Id binaries are
3.20.  If you run a server on the Internet for more than a few days with just
the Id binaries, it is very likely that your server will eventually be
exploited in several different ways.