[quake2] Turkey Day...

Thomas J Fogal tfogal at pascal.unh.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:07:22 EST 2004

 MiDiaN writes:
> Ok, i get the following for ls -l in my baseq2 folder:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   1003661 Jan 14  2003 gamei386.so*

This file is a lot older, it looks. I'm not sure why it would change
things, but the icc-q2 build process should produce a 'gamei386.so'.
I'm not sure where you got the current gamei386.so but I'm guessing it
wasn't from the icculus quake2's source tree.
Perhaps replacing the one you have there now with the one from the
build process would fix things -- although I'm just guessing because I
imagine they should be equivalent. Perhaps differing compile options
cause the quake2 binary and that shared object not to be linkable...

<snip>

> yeah i have gcc and all those things... maybe i should try the latest version
> yes...

good idea.
HTH,

-tom