ati fglrx not being used

Stuart Matheson samathes at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Feb 15 19:57:32 EST 2004

Hi, I've compiled the quake2-0.15 source, an when I run:

> ./quake2 +set vid_ref glx +set gl_driver /usr/lib/libGL.so

The performance is terrible on my radeon 9600, and I notice that the gl
renderer reported by quake2 is 'GL Mesa Indirect' .
But I've installed the ati fglrx module and my glx setup works
otherwise,

> glxinfo | grep renderer
OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 9600 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

I suppose I'm compiling something the wrong way.. I modified the
Makefile build options so that only BUILD_X11 and BUILD_GLX are set to
yes.

Any help making quake2 use my radeon would be great.

Stu