easter egg Tank Commander 'lock-up' bug.

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Mon Aug 30 11:22:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I reckon I have found the fix as to why shooting the tank commander in the
boss2 easter egg with railgun causes quake2 game to lock-up.  In fact it
doesn't, it just gets stuck in that while (ignore) loop here ever after.

The code is indeed /game/g_weapon.c -> fire_rail ()

Full explanation and code here:

http://forums.quakesrc.org/viewtopic.php?t=4029

I confirm this fixes the problem, and the logic seems right - but I am unaware
(and can't see how to test) what happens in all the variations during the
rest of the game.

Nick

--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,